Columbia Chamber Choir
Columbia Chamber Choir, a subset of Columbia Chorale, is an auditioned mixed vocal ensemble, established to support the organization’s mission to promote high quality choral music to the region by performing repertoire more suitable for smaller numbers. Chamber Choir members must also participate in Columbia Chorale.
Chamber Choir Staff:
Emily Edgington Andrews, Conductor
Nathan Lange, Co-Conductor
Anthony Hernandez, Pianist
Since the demands placed on the singer are great, with much of the note learning occurring outside of weekly rehearsals, individuals must possess:
- a high level of musical and vocal abilities
- a diligent work ethic and ability to work well with others
- extensive previous experience in ensemble singing
Auditions will be held on September 6, 2022
Indicate on the Chorale sign-up form your desire to audition for Chamber Choir.
Auditions will consist of:
- a portion of one prepared piece of your choice (1 minute maximum), preferably drawn from the art song, oratorio, opera, or folk song repertoire, or “My Country, ‘Tis of Thee.” Memorization is not required. An accompanist will be provided.
- a sight-reading passage
- vocal agility and ear-training exercises
Location: Rehearsals will be held in person on Monday evenings from 6:00-6:45 p.m. at Broadway Christian Church (BCC) in the Choir Room. BCC is located at 2601 W Broadway.
Chamber Choir Session Fees:
Once selected, we ask that Chamber Choir members pay $50 to help offset the operational and music costs. We want Columbia Chorale and Columbia Chamber Choir to be an accessible option for all. Several payment options are offered in order to best fit your needs. Scholarship assistance is available upon request.